The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) represents approximately 750,000 members who work in a wide variety of fields, including utilities, construction, telecommunications, broadcasting, manufacturing, railroads and government. The IBEW has members in both the United States and Canada and stands out among the American unions in the AFL-CIO because it is among the largest and has members in so many skilled occupations. IBEW Local 32 has nearly 300 members in Allen, Auglaize, Hardin, Logan, Mercer, Shelby, Van Wert and Wyandot counties in west central Ohio. IBEW Local 32 was established in 1898 and is a leader in safety, technology and training. In our quest to provide a safe work environment, we have developed paid continuing education program to ensure that you can have the most current and advanced training available. As union members, we bargain collectively with our employers over wages, benefits and rights. Most of us have very limited bargaining power as one person, but as a group, we are strong. And with a good negotiated contract, we have legal protections we would not have otherwise.
What do we do?
- Electrical power and lighting systems
- Power distribution and metering systems
- Motor control and programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Building automation systems
- Energy management systems
- Manufacturing and packaging systems
- Uninterruptible power supply systems
- Fire alarm systems
- Voice-data-video installations
- And much more